Coffee & Synths I. You are invited.
Let’s combine the two greatest inventions in the world. Coffee & Synths! Bring your iPhone, OP-1, Animoog, Nintendo DS, MPC or any other mobile music device or app and join our open session!
Saturday afternoon, March 16th, 14:00 – 16:00 Agora, Kurz vor Eden Café, Berlin, free. This will be a one-time experiment. But if it works, we might do it again. Who knows.
All you need is …
- Your portable instrument of choice
How it works
We meet at the wonderful Agora Café, create random groups of 3 people per session, put headphones on and jam out!
Everyone is welcome. We are really all beginners, somehow.
Everybody brings their own sound device – this can be [insert endless list of mobile music making gadgets here] really anything that produces sound, that isn’t too big to fit on a coffee table and has a heaphone jack. We attach all devices to a little mixer so that everybody on the table gets the same mixed signal. Every session lasts excactly 10 minutes, then we form a new random group and repeat. Other people in the room won’t hear a thing, but the session will be recorded, so you can listen and share the sounds afterwards.
In detail …
- All participants meet at 14:00
- We form a session of 3 people, randomly chosen from the ones who join
- To avoid confusion, in each session max. 1 participant takes the rhythm/drums part. he/she defines the tempo of the session.
- We connect everyone’s device to the mixer.
- Everyone puts on their headphones and adjusts their volumes.
- Starting the clock.
- ||| Play ||| No Style defined. Noise, Ambient, Electronica, everything can happen. All live and Improvised.
- The session ends after excactly 10 minute. There will be a counting clock on the table visible for everyone.
- From all people who did not participate in the session, again 3 people are chosen randomly for the next one.
- Repeating steps 1-9 until it’s 16:00.
We do only 1 session at a time, so you will have some time to relax until it’s your turn again. But don’t worry. Agora Café is a cozy place to simply hang out, too.
Yes, ruuules …
- No prerecorded sequences please. Everything is played live and improvised.
- One device per session. Pick yours wiseley.
- No syncing.
- No acoustic intruments.
- No cords. No hassle. Keep your setup battery powered and as simple as possible.
- No laptops (on the table).